Does hair growth drug Propecia affect alcohol cravings in men?
Propecia is generally known as Best hair growth drug It contains the active ingredient Finasteride is sold under the brand names such as Proscar and Propecia. It is used to treat androgenetic alopecia or generally known as male pattern baldness at the top and middle of the scalp. This medicine is to be used by adult men only.
This medicine works by lowering the quantity of a naturally occurring hormone in the body DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Hair renewal and slow hair loss are both sped up when DHT levels are reduced. Finasteride has only a minor impact on hair development in other parts of the body. Women and children should not take this medication. Finasteride isn’t approved for prostate cancer prevention. It may raise the risk of acquiring a very dangerous form of prostate cancer by a small amount. Consult your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of Propecia use. Order Propecia Online
Hair growth drug Propecia and Cravings
Yes, according to recent research, it has been found that the hair-growth drug Propecia curbs alcohol cravings in men. Men who are consuming Propecia (Finasteride) to combat male pattern baldness are found to have less urge to drink alcohol. Propecia may have some side effects too such as depression, reduced sexual desire or sexual drive, and suicidal thoughts but among all these side effects they appear to drink less. It is found that Propecia hinders the ability of the brain to make certain hormones such as neurosteroids, which are responsible for the consumption of alcohol in men.
How to use Propecia
- A dose of 1mg of Propecia once a day should be given.
- Read the instructions carefully before taking the drug or before each refill. If you have any doubts regarding the dosage or how to take it, contact the tour doctor for a better understanding.
- It is to be taken by mouth, as it comes in the form of tablets. Take it once in a day, or as your doctor has prescribed. It may be taken with or without meals, but try to take it at a fixed time every day.
- Do not let women handle these pills, they are susceptible to normal handling but if the pills are broken or crushed, women should stay away from them.
- If a pregnant lady or a woman planning to get pregnant comes in contact with the broken pills, it can cause birth defects in the baby. Wash your hands and clean the area with soap if there is spillage.
- It should be taken daily for three months or more to see the benefits. Continue taking the medication for 12 months, but if you see no changes in your condition after 12 months also, then it is likely that there will be any afterward also. Stopping the course in between can cause the results to be reversed, you might lose the hair you grew in these months.
Side Effects of Propecia
You may lose your sexual ability or desire. This medicine may reduce the volume of semen released during intercourse in certain men. This is a mild side effect that has persisted in some individuals long after they have stopped taking the medication. Notify your doctor or pharmacist right at once if any of these side effects persist or worsen.
You should remember that your doctor has prescribed it to you based on your condition and needs while weighing all the possible side effects. Side effects vary from individual to individual, and most people do not face adverse side effects.
Serious side effects of Propecia:
- Difficulty in urinating
- Breast lump
- Nipple discharge
- Breast enlargement
- Tenderness or pain in the breast
- Pain in testicles
An allergic reaction can also occur, although it’s unlikely, watch out for these symptoms for an allergic reaction:
- Itching/swelling particularly of the face, tongue, and throat
- Acute dizziness
- Difficulty breathing
If you experience any of the above symptoms, seek medical help right away, or rush to the nearest hospital immediately.
Who should not take Propecia?
People with the following conditions are advised to consult their doctor first, before taking this drug:
- Male patient with breast cancer
- Suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems
- High-grade prostate cancer
Can Propecia regrow hair?
Propecia is known for slowing hair loss, but it cannot grow new hair. It slows or prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. A decrease in the amount of DHT leads to slower hair loss and increased hair regrowth. Although this drug can cause some side effects too.
Is 1mg of Propecia sufficient?
Finasteride is most typically prescribed for hair loss at a dose of 1mg per day. This dose is used in the great majority of finasteride-containing hair loss medicines, including the original 1mg Propecia tablets. A daily dose of 1mg finasteride is particularly efficient in preventing hair loss caused by male pattern baldness.
How to procure Propecia tablets online?
Order Propecia tablets online from the comfort of your home. Ordering Propecia tablets is now hassle-free and just one click away. Propecia uses must be clear to you and you should have a doctor’s prescription to order Propecia online. You can also opt for Propecia COD if you do not want to share your card details.